PURANI DILLI- DAY 2

1 comment
After my first visit to Chandni Chowk, I was a bit confused as to which part of the place to take as the final topic of my research. 
Everything of the place was so attractive and different that I could not decide a particular area of research. So I decided to go back to The Chandni Chowk. This time I decided to study its parts in depth. I wanted to know each and every part of Chandni Chowk. I had made plans to visit the place on weekend. 

CHANDNI CHOWK
KINNARI BAZAR ENTRANCE

Last Saturday, I woke up and got ready for my another exciting visit to Chandni chowk. This time I was a bit confident and knew what parts to explore. I had surfed the net for some particular places that I would like to visit. So I started my research with 'Katra Neel Market'. 
It took a lot of time to reach the market. Asking people, searching for it on google maps and taking pictures I finally reached themarket. I researched about the place, tried talking to shopkeepers but did not find anything different. So after doing some photosessions I headed towards 'Chatta Chowk'. When I asked 'Rickshawalas' about the chowk they had no idea about the place. Fianlly after asking around five to six rickshawvalas I came to know it is known as Meena Bazar and is near Jama Masjid. So i got a chance of visiting Jama Majid also. It was a very beautiful sight though a bit confused. The place was surrounded by small vendors selling different things at low prices and ofcourse bad quality.
JAMA MASJID
After going through places and visiting Jama Masjid, I headed towards Dariba Kalan, a maket of jewellery and antique produts. I saw it while going towards Jama Masjid. I was attracted to it becauseof antique shops and silver jewellery. I bought two silver rings from the market.
While going back towards Metro, Kinnari Bazar came in my way. I bought few decoration material and decided to take either kinnari Bazar or small intersting vendors in Chandni chowk who sell quite interesting products and yet are not given much importance by local people as my final topic. 

My day ended on a positive note as this time I was more clear about my approach and could make my choice more appropriately. I ended my day with Haldiram's yummy 'Bhature Cholle' and went back home with buch of experience and happy memories.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. Good blog. Although the images could've been better and brighter; the words 'Chandni Chowk' have been repeated quite a few times.

    ReplyDelete