A Walk In The Mess

2 comments
Have always heard of Chandni Chowk and watched my family visiting it for shopping but had never been there. But when I get to know that we are supposed to research in that market I was little excited. But my excitement changed into disappointment when I reached there. The first thought in my mind was that the place was stinking badly, the smell of people chewing and spitting pan everywhere, men peeing on the walls which were such a pathetic thing. The only thing I hate the most there was that men’s washroom was built just beside a temple there. I just don’t understand how people could build a washroom just adjacent to a temple where a person is not even allowed to walk without removing shoes. Then when you are entering in the main market through a main gate there too people have built a ‘’sochalya’’ and every person passing by have to cover his nose so that he could resist his nose to breath that smell. How a man can pee in open washroom and that too in crowded place??
When we moved forward, all I could see was just men, men and men!! I think the market was male dominated where there was less population of women as shoppers and shopkeepers. When we asked a rickshaw wala to drop us to kinari bazaar, he draws my attention with his red mouth. His lips, teeth and everything was red because of the paans he is chewing every day. His teeth were decayed and mouth was wet as all day long he would be spitting it on the roads of Chandni Chowk. When we were travelling from one place to another in that rickshaw and as I was sitting back facing I could not see what going to be the next shop coming from behind in that narrow lane. And in between what I smelled again was man peeing in a washroom built in that macro lane and so congested to release those airs.  If you ask my friends they would definitely like to describe my reaction while walking in those lanes.
Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. There are a few grammatical errors, and usage of two different tenses in the same sentence. Also the title of the blog is uninviting, you might want to review your blog and make the fonts same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use of a single font size and a specific tense would be better. Also you could emphasis on other problem areas.

    ReplyDelete