Chattri Wala

2 comments
The reason behind my title is, the umbrella which was hanging on the stall urged me to choose that vendor. When I was exploring the Chandni Chowk market and looking for a shop which I had to choose for my project, what attracted me was this umbrella which that Ramesh Cholle khula Wala Uncle has hanged above his stall to protect it from sunlight and rain or maybe from birds.

 Then on my next visited I went to him with full preparation of questions that was important for my project. By face Uncle was very friendly and when I told him I was a student and had come here to research on his stall and may I ask him some questions, he said “mujhe kyu choose kiya apne?’’ , I told him that, I found his stall the best. He was very humble person and told me to ask anything I want to, that was so sweet of him, the only person in Chandni Chowk who was ready to answer the college students. He was serving his customers as well  as answering to my questions. I started with his demographic profile, I asked him his full name which I have mentioned with his stall name above, he belonged to a rajput family and born in Uttar Pradesh was now a resident of Chandni Chowk only. I was astonished to know his age which was 65 years, at this age he was all fit to stand all day in all the weathers to serve his customer those tasty chole kulchas, even by face he looked younger than his age. His qualification was surprising to me he just didn’t cleared 12th final exams and he knew English words too which I could get to know while talking to him. I asked him from when he is doing this work, the answer I got was great,  from childhood he was watching his ancestors doing this work, so he chose  to do the same and he is happy with what he is doing and had no regrets that his children won,t be continuing the same. In his family there is his wife and two children, out of whom his son is in government job at a very good post and his daughter is in teaching field. Now his children earn well and he is not worrying about his earnings, it’s just a time pass for him. He love to interact with his customers and wanted to serve them is tasty cholle kulchas which are just for Rs.30 which is demanded by atleast 40-50 people every day.Even when I intervied his customers they were having positive attitude towards him and responded positive things about him. Even I had a plate and it was mind blowing. Finally I thanked him for giving his 2 days to answer my questions.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. The most appealing thing about the blog is its title which is further enhanced by the picture clicked. The blog by and large has fairly justified with the title. The only thing that is acting as a weakness is the use of long sentences and some common grammatical errors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is well written. The photos just add to the details given. Good Job :D

    ReplyDelete